ChatGPT is an artificial intelligence (AI) chatbot built on OpenAI’s large language models. It is a web app, and you’ll need to visit the site every time to access it.
But what if you can run ChatGPT as a Windows app? While no official Windows version is available, ChatGPT-Next-Web let you use ChatGPT as a native Windows app. Here’s how you can run ChatGPT as a Windows app, create a Desktop shortcut for the AI bot.
ChatGPT Next Web is an open source project called ChatGPT Next Web that can be used to deploy a private chatbot web application. Users only need one minute to complete the free one-click deployment on Windows VPS. Its interface design is beautiful and supports responsive design and dark mode, and the loading speed of the first screen is very fast, only about 5Mb. The project presets a large number of built-in dialogues, supports automatic compression of contextual chat records, one-click export of chat records and supports complete Markdown syntax.
- Deploy for free with one-click on Vercel in under 1 minute
- Compact client (~5MB) on Linux/Windows/MacOS, download it now
- Fully compatible with self-deployed llms, recommended for use with RWKV-Runner or LocalAI
- Privacy first, all data stored locally in the browser
- Markdown support: LaTex, mermaid, code highlight, etc.
- Responsive design, dark mode and PWA
- Fast first screen loading speed (~100kb), support streaming response
- New in v2: create, share and debug your chat tools with prompt templates (mask)
- Awesome prompts powered by awesome-chatgpt-prompts-zh and awesome-chatgpt-prompts
- Automatically compresses chat history to support long conversations while also saving your tokens
- I18n: English, 简体中文, 繁体中文, 日本語, Français, Español, Italiano, Türkçe, Deutsch, Tiếng Việt, Русский, Čeština, 한국어
Download the installation package for Windows systems from here.
downoad link: https://github.com/Yidadaa/ChatGPT-Next-Web/releases
After the download is complete, please click the installation package to open the installation interface as shown in the figure, and then follow the prompts to complete the installation step by step, during which you can specify your installation disk and directory.
After the installation is complete, the APP will be opened automatically, or double-click the shortcut on the desktop to start it.
Click the Settings icon in the lower left corner to open the Settings menu, where you can configure language, OpenAI API Key, UI appearance and many other parameters.
After typing the auth access code, click the New Chat button, and you can start enjoying your chat journey with ChatGPT.
Adding ChatGPT as a Windows app lets you access the app in a standalone window. This removes the hassle of visiting the site frequently to use the service. In addition, it also removes the clutter around the web apps and browsers and offers a clean user interface with only necessary options.