Remote Data Center Backup (Twice per week, every Wednesday and Saturday)
We use Backup for Workgroups to back up all your SSD (C: partition) system files to our remote data center backup servers. You can restore the backup files in your server at any time by yourself.
SQL Server 2017/2016/2014/2012 Web Edition
SQL Server 2017/2016/2014/2012 Web Edition may be used only to support public and Internet access (Web pages, Web sites, Web applications and Web services). It may not be used to support the line of business applications (e.g., Customer Relationship Management, Enterprise Resource Management and other similar applications).
5 minutes of downtime
$25.00 one-time fee
2 - 4 hours of downtime to resize the image .vhdx file
Image .vhdx File Restoration
$25.00 one-time fee
Restore the image file from our backup servers. It is free if you purchased the backup service.
Image .vhdx File Download
$25.00 one-time fee
Download the image file to the client's local computer.
01. What is the virtualization platform for your Windows VPS?
We use Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization platform for all our Windows VPS servers.
02. What is the CPU processor of your VPS host server?
Different VPS host servers may have different CPUs, but most of them are Intel Eight Core Xeon E5-2670 (2.60 GHz) or E5-2680 (2.70 GHz) or E5-2690 (2.90 GHz).
03. What operating systems do you offer for your Windows VPS?
You can choose Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition x64, Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition x64 and Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition x64 in our order form. We also offer Windows Server 2008 x64 and x86 Editions. However, we suggest for you to order it together with our Cisco firewall since Windows Server 2008 is End of Life (EOL) now.
04. Do you offer Windows 10, 8 or 7 in your Windows VPS servers?
No. We do not have a plan to provide desktop Windows in our Windows VPS servers currently.
05. Can I use my own Windows 10 license on your Windows VPS?
Yes, but you need to upload your installation .iso file to our server by FTP, and then we will reload it to your VPS server.
06. Do you allow Remote Desktop Access (RDP) to your Windows VPS?
Yes. You can access your Windows VPS via Remote Desktop with administrator permission.
07. Can I install software on my Windows VPS?
Yes. You can install any legal software on your Windows VPS server by yourself or by us. You have total control of your Windows VPS server.
08. Do you provide any control panels for your Windows VPS?
Yes. We can install SolidCP control panel for Windows VPS servers for free. You can use it to create IIS websites, MSSQL databases, etc.
09. Are resources shared or dedicated for your Windows VPS?
The CPU and Memory are dedicated. The bandwidth is shared with other clients in the same host server and rack.
10. Can I reboot my Windows VPS server by myself?
Yes. You can reboot the Windows VPS server and monitor the server status in our SolidCP control panel.
11. Is it easy to upgrade my Windows VPS plan to a higher plan?
Yes. It is free and only has 5 minutes of downtime. Please submit a sales ticket if you want to do so.
12. Can I downgrade my Windows VPS plan to a lower plan?
Yes. However, there will be 2-4 hours of downtime. There is a $25 one-time fee for the downgrade because of the effort required to resize the image .vhdx file.
13. Can I buy additional dedicated IPs for Windows VPSs?
Yes. Maximum 8 additional IPs per ARIN justification can be ordered with price $2.00/month/IP. Please provide usage for each IP when you order.
14. Can you migrate my Windows VPS from other providers?
We use Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization platform, so we can migrate your Windows VPS for free if you can provide us with the .vhdx or .vhd image file. If you do not have the image files, we can help you to set up your web sites and databases from your old providers for free too.